Two calls for proposals were published in May focusing on eco-innovation and corporate social responsibility. The newsletter provides general information (see below) including relevant websites where you can find more detailed information.
If you are interested to participate, notify the PREPARE secretariat (pavel [dot] ruzicka [at] empress [dot] cz). Please indicate also whether you are willing to take the leadership for the proposal preparation.
If you are aware of any other call that could be of interest to PREPARE, please inform the Secretariat.
The call supports eco-innovative projects in different sectors which aim at the prevention or reduction of environmental impacts or which contribute to the optimal use of resources. However, more specific priorities are being set up considering their important environmental impact and policy priorities of the European Union:
• Materials Recycling
• Sustainable Building Products
• Food and Drink Sector
• Greening businesses
The European Commission grants up to 50% co-funding to finance green ideas: the total budget available for the 2012 Call is 34.8 Million Euros.
The call is open to all legal persons that are based in eligible countries but the priority will be given to Small- and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs). Clusters of applicants and projects which demonstrate a European added value and have a high potential for market replication are strongly encouraged.
Legal persons from the following countries are eligible:
• 27 EU Member States
• Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein
• Albania, Croatia, FYROM, Israel, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey
• Other non-EU countries provided they have the appropriate agreement in force (currently none)
The call will close on 6th September 2012 at 17:00, Brussels local time.
European Multistakeholder platforms on corporate social responsibility in relevant business sectors
The overall objective of this call is to encourage and enable more European enterprises of the respective business sector across the EU to take a strategic approach to corporate social responsibility in cooperation with relevant stakeholders.
The specific objectives of this initiative are to:
• provide an opportunity for enterprises and other stakeholders to identify and discuss constructively the current and future CSR-related challenges facing individual business sectors;
• facilitate the adoption of sector wide joint commitments to address those challenges, and of monitoring tools to evaluate progress;
• encourage a much larger number of enterprises to take a strategic approach to social responsibility in close cooperation with their stakeholders;
• give greater visibility to the CSR activities of enterprises.
The deadline for electronic submission is 14th September 2012, 17.00 hours (Brussels time).
Recent news at PREPARE website:
• Global Outlook Report looks at worldwide efforts in promoting SCP (June 12)
• What a Waste: A Global Review of Solid Waste Management (June 7)
• Greening the United Nations Charter (June 5)
• Practical guide to green products and services (May 24)
• Eco-innovation opportunities in nine sectors of the EU economy (May 10)