Dear PREPARE colleagues,
1) Aida Szilagyi from Romanian NCPC is looking for a partner from Norway to cooperate with. It would be welcomed if you could recommend someone. (Details below)
2) Czech Technical University in Prague is going to organize the conference "Sustainable Building and Refurbishment for Next Generations" in June 2013 (26-28). Call for Abstracts is now open with deadline 15/09/2012. (More information)
EEA Grants in Romania
In the period 2009-14, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway will invest €306 million in Romania (environment, justice and civil society are given priority). A major part of the funding - €133.2 million - will be invested in the areas of environment and climate change.
A program to promote increased competitiveness of green enterprises, green innovation and green entrepreneurship will offer opportunities for Norwegian companies to cooperate with Romanian partners. This business-to-business cooperation will aim to reduce waste production, to increase the use of environmentally friendly technologies and to increase green job creation. Innovation Norway will operate the programme. Funding will also target energy efficiency, renewable energy and carbon capture and storage.
Environment and climate change includes:
• Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) - Allocation: €40,000,000 – donor program partner: Gassnova (GN)
• Green Industry Innovation - Allocation: €24,000,000 – donor program operator: Innovation Norway (IN)
• Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services - Allocation: €15,000,000 – donor program partner: Norwegian Directorate for nature management (DN)
• Maritime Sector - Allocation: €15,000,000 – donor program operator: Innovation Norway (IN)
• Reduction of Hazardous Substances - Allocation: €10,000,000 – donor program partner: Climate and Pollution Agency (KLIF)
• Environmental Monitoring and Integrated Planning and Control - Allocation: €8,181,250
• Energy Efficiency - Allocation: €8,000,000
• Renewable Energy - Allocation: €8,000,000
• Adaption to Climate Change – Allocation: €5,000,000
Green industry innovation is important within the area of environment and climate change. Innovation Norway will operate a program to promote increased competitiveness of green enterprises, green innovation and green entrepreneurship. There will be Norwegian-Romanian business to business cooperation aiming among other things to reduce waste production, to increase use of environmentally friendly technologies and to increase green job creation. Other areas of environment and climate change funding will target energy efficiency, renewable energy, emissions in the maritime sector, biodiversity, hazardous substances, environmental monitoring and control, and carbon capture and storage
Grants will be awarded to projects following calls for proposals that will be organized by the respective program operators in the beneficiary states, most likely starting in summer and autumn 2012. Information on all open calls for proposals will be published on this website. Projects can be implemented until 30 April 2016.